City Engineer - Mike Furlan.
Phone: (815) 223-7041
Fax: (815) 223-9508
The city's engineering department is a full-service department responsible for:
- Design, review, and support of all public works systems
- Management of city-owned property
- Support of economic development activities and services
- Grant acquisition and administration
- Review of residential and commercial developments
- Development and maintenance of city maps and asset database
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get a map of the city's corporate limits?
A listing of available maps and reports can be found below. At this time, maps and reports are in PDF format.
Are shapefiles available?
The city is working on creating an FTP site where shapefiles can be downloaded. For those interested in shapefiles, please e-mail the city engineer at
What is my land zoned?
For zoning questions, please e-mail or call one of the following:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 815-223-6344
email@example.com | 815-223-0077