Comptroller - Joanne Milby
Phone: (815) 223-4586
Fax: (815) 223-9508
The Comptroller's Office is located in the west wing of City Hall. When parking on 2nd Street, enter the building through the west doors (canopy.) The cashier's window is inside the main lobby and on the left.
What We Do
The Comptroller's Office has many functions including:
- Processing City Employee Payroll
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Water Billing and Payments
- City Parking Permits - $20.00 per month per space
- Pet Licenses - $5.00 per pet issued July 1st each year
The Comptoller's Duties include:
- Overseeing Office Personnel
- Preparation of the Annual City Budget
- Maintenance of all City Financial records
- Administrator for City Health Insurance and IMRF
Garbage and Waste
As of March 13, 2006, the city of LaSalle has adopted a new garbage ordinance. Under the new ordinance, residents may place two(2) 32-gallon garbage receptacles with lids at the curb for collection. Additional receptacles may be placed at the curb as long as the City of LaSalle Garbage sticker is placed on each bag. Lawn Waste must be placed in a biodegradable paper bag with a city sticker attached to each bag. Stickers are available at the following locations for $1.50 each:
- Illinois Valley Food Center
- Herrcke's Hardware
Materials that may be placed curbside for recycle pickup include:
- newspapers, magazines, phone books, catalogs, corrugated cardboard
- recyclable plastic bottles (#1 and 2)
- Glass, any color
- Recycle bins may be purchased at Menards or by contacting Illinois Valley Waste at (866) 875-2293
Also included in curbside pickup:
- Branches that do not exceed 3'' in diameter and are bundled in biodegradable Twine
Frequently Asked Water Service Questions
My current water bill is higher than previous months - what can I do?
- You may have a silent leak in the toilet
- Dripping Faucet
- Faulty Water softener or heater
Call our office (815) 223-4579, and we can help determine the cause.
How are water and sewer charges calculated?
Sewer charges are calculated based on the cubic feet (cf) of water used each billing cycle. If you use 100cf of water, you will be billed for 100cf in sewer.
Where can I pay my water bill?
Bills may be paid in the following ways:
Direct Debit (ACH): deducts your monthly water bill payment from a specified checking/savings account automatically. Mail in: mail your payment with the statement stub sent to you with your bill. Drop off: you can drop off your payments at the City Hall cashiers area, in the 24 hour drop-box located inside the south-east side of City Hall (entrance closest to Turk Furniture.), or in the 24 hour drop-box located in the alley at the north side of the building between City Hall and Eureka Bank. In Person: LaSalle State Bank or Hometown Bank.