The mission of the LaSalle Police Department, in cooperation with our community, is to protect life and property, and enhance the quality of life for all our citizens.
Police Chief: Robert Uranich
- Appointed Chief in 2004
- 27 yrs with LaSalle Police Dept
- B.A. Eastern Illinois University
- Graduate of Session 236 FBI Natl Academy
- Graduate of IL State Police Dimensional Management Training
- University of IL Police Training Institute Certified Firearms Instructor
- Int'l Assoc. of Chiefs of Police
- Nat'l Assoc. of Chiefs of Police
- IL Assoc. of Chiefs of Police
- IL Valley Assoc. of Chiefs of Police
- Board Member Tri-DENT Nacotics Unit
- Board Member City of LaSalle 911 Board
- Current Executive Board Member and past President of Board of Dir of the IL Valley YMCA
- LaSalle Boys Baseball Coach
- LaSalle Youth Football Coach
- LaSalle-Peru Twp. H.S. Football Coach
- Life-long resident of the City of LaSalle
The Illinois Valley's Finest
The LaSalle Police Department is made up of a group of outstanding professional men and women who are dedicated to providing the finest in Law Enforcement services to our community. Those of us privileged to be members of the LaSalle Police Department feel our job is to ensure the City of LaSalle remains a safe place to live, work and visit.
Though not the largest police agency in the area, the LaSalle Police Department enjoys the finest reputation in the Illinois Valley as the most progressive, innovative and pro-active police agency in the Illinois Valley. We were the first agency in the area to institute many new programs:
- Membership in the Tri-County Drug Enforcement Narcotics Team, which is our greatest tool in helping keeping our community drug free.
- Full time School Resource Officer assigned to the LaSalle-Peru Township High School which protects our children and helps to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Truancy Program at the local schools to promote education in our youth.
- Sex offender residence checks, which track and verify sex offenders currently living in our community.
- Vehicle impounds of suspended, revoked and DUI drivers, which help keep our streets safe.
- Crime Free Housing Program
- Nuisance Abatement Program in cooperation with the Illinois Attorney General's Office relating to drug and chronic crime properties
- Trespass agreement program with local property owners.
The members of the LaSalle Police Department are dedicated to fighting serious crime, but also take pride in assisting every resident or visitor to our community who might need police service of any kind, no matter how small. we encourage, expect and need community involvement to work toward the mutual goal of enhancing the quality of life within our community. Please explore our website and learn more about the LaSalle Police Department.
Credit cards are now being accepted for a limited numbers of fees for offenses, such as vehicle impound fees. Call the police department for more details.
LaSalle Police Department
745 2nd Street
LaSalle, IL 61301 | Map &Directions
Emergency Phone Calls:
Non-Emergency Phone Calls: 815-223-2131