La Salle Police testing for new applicants
BOARD OF FIRE AND POLICE COMMISSIONERS
CITY OF LASALLE, ILLINOIS
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION FOR PATROLMAN
THERE WILL BE OPEN COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION for new applicants for the position of Patrolman for the City of LaSalle Police Department on Wednesday September 13th 2023 6:00pm at LaSalle City Hall Council Chambers, 745 2nd St. LaSalle, IL 61301. Applications may be picked up at the LaSalle Police Station, 745 2nd St., LaSalle IL 61301. Completed application packets must be returned to the LaSalle Police Department no later than 12:00pm on Tuesday September 5th 2023
QUALIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Age limitation per State statute. Birth Certificate required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college course work preferred and/or
- Currently be employed full/part time as a certified police officer by another agency in good standing.
- Physical examination by a physician accepted by the Board of Fire and Police Commission.
- Selections will be based on the results of competitive examinations that may include written testing, oral interview, physical agility, and psychological profile examination.
Following the written examination, oral interviews will be scheduled soon after. Applicants are posted in their respective positions in order of their excellence as determined by examination with preference points added as prescribed by State statute.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
PER ANNUM PAY $62,220.00
12-HOUR SHIFTS (WITH SHIFT PREMIUM)
PAID VACATION UP TO SIX (6) WEEKS WITH SENIORITY
11 PAID HOLIDAYS
YEARLY UNIFORM ALLOWANCE
“The City of LaSalle is an equal opportunity provider and employer”