Skip to main content

Phone: 815-223-3755
Fax: 815-223-9508
Contact Us


Frequently Asked Engineering Questions

Where can I get a map of the city's corporate limits?

A listing of available maps and reports can be found in the Downloads section to the right. At this time, maps and reports are in PDF format.

Are shapefiles available?

The city is working on creating an FTP site where shapefiles can be downloaded. For those interested in shapefiles, please e-mail the City Engineer at

How is my land zoned?

For zoning questions, please call (815) 223-7014 or contact one of the following:

Is my land located in a floodplain?

FEMA floodplain maps can be researched at