Skip to main content

Phone: 815-223-3755
Fax: 815-223-9508
Contact Us


COVID-19 Updates for the City of La Salle

Rental Assistance for Landlords and Renters

Utility Assistance for Homeowners and Renters

Water Billing

Water bills should be paid online, by mail to 745 2nd St, La Salle, IL 61301, or by using the drop box located between City Hall and Eureka Savings Bank.

  • Pay your water bill online
  • Late fees resumed on July 2, 2020.
  • Those experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic can call City Hall and set up a payment plan. For this assistance, contact Finance Director John Duncan at 779-201-5347 or email

City Hall is open to the public

For questions call (815) 223-3755 and when prompted, enter these extensions:

  • Water Billing Questions x5032
  • Deputy City Clerk/FOIA Requests, Director of Public Relations (Brent Bader) x5028
  • Permits, Mayor’s Office, Light Displays, City Events x5026
  • Building Inspector (Andy Bacidore) x5020
  • Police Chief (Mike Smudzinski) x5001
  • Public Works (Jeff Bumgarner) x5022
  • City Engineer (Brian Brown) x5019
  • Parks & Recreation (Lynda Kasik) x5023
  • Economic Dev, business incentives, grants & new business info (Leah Inman) x5021

Prevent the spread of COVID-19 and Statewide Information

Unemployment Claims

Business Incentives (Grants and Financial Assistance)

Assistance for eligible Illinois residents

Effective immediately, eligible Illinois residents and families can apply to receive assistance with food, rent, utilities, temporary shelter, medicine, and other essential household services. To learn more about these expanded offerings and to fill out new remote applications made live today, visit

Residents who believe they may be eligible are encouraged to visit the website and follow easy steps to apply immediately. The State is reminding applicants of the following documentation required for applying, depending on the type of assistance being sought:

  • Proof of employment (paystubs) for the head of the household for the last 30 days.
  • Copy of current heat and electric bills issued within the last 30 days (if they pay for their energy directly).
  • Copy of their rental agreement (if they are renting) showing that utilities are not included, the monthly rental amount and landlord contact information.
  • Proof of Social Security numbers for all household members.

Assistance for Senior Citizens

Funding is available to assist with things such as grocery and medical delivery, assistance with setting up resources such as in-home care, meal delivery, emergency response systems, caregiver support, etc.   Help is provided over the phone during the pandemic.

Older adults or caregivers can call Alternatives for You at 309-277-0167 or visit their website at  See additional program details listed in the files on the right side of this webpage.