Parks & Recreation
The mission of the La Salle Parks & Recreation Department is to enhance the quality of life by providing safe well-maintained parks and public places; organize park and recreation programs and services which respond to the changing needs of our community; preserve, enhance, and protect our open spaces to enrich the quality of life for present and future generations.
2021 Parks & Recreation Summer Programs
Click HERE to register for summer programs and camps!
The adult coed Sand Volleyball League is open to both men and women and will kick off in early June. Contact Dan at 815-326-2741 for additional information.
Mens and Womens Softball League coming soon! Games will be played at M & H Park and participants must be 18 or older.
The Celebrate La Salle 5k will be held on Friday, June 25 at 7:00 pm at La Salle's City Hall, 745 Second Street. Download the flyer to the right.
Call (815) 223-3755 Ext. 5026
The City of La Salle has shelters of varying sizes in Hegeler, Rotary and Pulaski parks. Shelter rental policies and reservation form can be found by downloading the documents located on the right side of the page. Please call the above number to check availability prior to returning the reservation form.
The fee to reserve the Hegeler Large shelter, near the swimming pool -$75.00
The fee to reserve all other Shelters - $50.00
Pool Hours (pool opening 5/22!)
Veterans Pool is open Monday - Friday from 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm, and Sat/Sun from 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Attendance is $3 per day per person, however, 50 passes can be purchased for $100. Children age 3 and under are free.
- Parent and Tot Swim: Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm for those ages 4 and under and costs $2 per adult.
- Adult Swim: Monday - Saturday from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm for those 18 years old and up and costs $2 per adult.
- Pool Parties: available upon request on Saturday and Sunday evenings from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm for $225. Please call 815-223-4379 to reserve.
- Group Swim Lessons: June 14 - July 8, Mondays - Thursdays, ages 4 and up, $1 per child per day.
- Private Swim Lessons are scheduled by appointment for $10 per half hour. Please call 815-223-4379 for more information.
Park information can be found by downloading the document located on the right side of the page.
City of La Salle park locations can be found by downloading the interactive map located on the right side of this page.