La Salle City Engineer, Brian D. Brown, PE, has been with the City since February 2014, replacing retired City Engineer, Mike Furlan. Brian brings a well-rounded balance of specialized technical expertise to the City of La Salle. In addition to assisting City staff, Brian designs and oversees the following types of improvements:
- Street Paving & Rehabilitation
- Water Mains, Distribution Systems & Pumping Stations
- Sanitary Sewer Extension & Collection Systems
- Storm Water Drainage, Management & Hydraulic Studies
- Subdivision Plan Review & Inspection of Improvements
- Sidewalk, Pathway & Bikeway Systems Planning & Design
- Parking Lot Facilities
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Administration
- Updating and Maintaining City Maps
Brian grew up in Janesville, Wisconsin, attended the University of Wisconsin – Platteville and received his B.S. in Civil Engineering in 1988. Brian worked as a consulting engineer, serving as City/Village Engineer for numerous communities in North-Central Illinois prior to his appointment as La Salle City Engineer.
Brian and his wife Carrie moved to the City of La Salle in 1992.